In order to be eligible, students must be enrolled in a doctoral heterodox economics program in the United States and demonstrate financial need. The fund will not provide scholarship aid for dissertation credit hours or for credit hours that are not directly relevant for the completion of the doctoral program’s course work.
Selection criteria include:
1) Priority will be given to students who have no scholarship support at all and need the support to continue in their heterodox doctoral program. Students who have only partial scholarship support and need additional support to continue in their heterodox doctoral program will also be considered.
2) Preference will be given to students who are interested in working in heterodox microeconomics. Applicants from other ﬁelds of study are also encouraged to apply, especially if they are willing to do heterodox economics in an integrative manner (as opposed to adhering to a single heterodox tradition).
Scholarships will be awarded prior to the fall and spring semesters on an annual basis.
Scholarships are not renewable; however, previous recipients may reapply.
- Amount: Varies. Tuition and fees for up to three classes per semester.
- Deadline: May 15 (for the Fall semester) and November 30 (for the Spring semester)
- For more information, visit: https://www.growyourgiving.org/scholarships/frederic-s-lee-heterodox-economics-scholarship-fund