Frederic Sterling Lee (1949-2014) Papers, 1972-2014
- Archive Location: The State Historical Society of Missouri Research Center-Kansas City
- Download the list of papers and materials [pdf].
- This collection is available at The State Historical Society of Missouri-Research Center, Kansas City. If you would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
The papers of Frederic Sterling Lee, former Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, contain his personal and professional research files, correspondence, writings and edited works. Dr. Lee was internationally known for his work on alternative microeconomic theory.
The papers were donated to the State Historical Society of Missouri by Frederic S. Lee on April 25, 2014 (Accession No. KA2205). Additional materials were received on September 11, 2014 (Accession No. KA2233) and January 27, 2015 by Ruth Lee (Accession No. KA2266).
Frederic S. Lee received his PhD in economics from Rutgers University in 1983. His teaching career includes being a lecturer at the University of California-Riverside, 1981-1984; Assistant/Associate professor at Roosevelt University (Chicago), 1984-1991; Reader in Economics at De Montfort University (UK), 1991-2000; and Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, 2000 to present. Lee established the Association for Heterodox Economics (UK) in 1999 which continues today. He organized Post Keynesian Economics Study (UK) seminars in 1998- 2000. From 2003 until 2009, Lee was editor of the book series Advances in Heterodox Economics with University of Michigan Press and later with Routledge. In 2004, he established the Heterodox Economics Newsletter and remained the editor until 2009. Lee also was the editor of the American Journal of Economics and Sociology from 2009- 2013. From 2006-2010 Lee was the Executive Director of the International Confederation of Associations for Pluralism in Economics; President of the Association for Institutional Thought (2011-2012); and President-elect of the Association for Evolutionary Economics (2014). Frederic S. Lee was born on November 24, 1949 in Nyack, New York. He died October 23, 2014 in Webster Groves, Missouri.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The papers have been arranged by the donor into the following series and subseries:
Biographical/Personal Material; Notes Taken, and Papers
Research Areas and Publications
- Post Keynesian Price Theory, 1981-2000
- History of Heterodox Economics, 1998-2009
- RAE and Ranking Journals and Departments and Pluralism, 1993-2013
- Critics of Mainstream Economics, circa 2010-2013
- Journal Project
- Heterodox Microeconomic Theory, 2000-2015
- Association for Institutional Thought
- Association for Evolutionary Economics
- Institutional Economists
Heterodox Economic Associations
- Association for Heterodox Economics
- Association for Social Economics
- European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy
- Post Keynesian Economics Study Group
- Other Heterodox Associations
Book Series, Journals, and Newsletters
- Heterodox Economics Newsletter
- American Journal of Economics and Sociology Advances in Heterodox Economics (University of Michigan Press)
- Routledge Advances in Heterodox Economics
International Confederation of Associations for Pluralism in Economics
Seminars and Conferences
Economists: Letters and Material
Lectures and Notes
Other Societies and organizations
Specific item; Box number; folder number; Frederic Sterling Lee (1949- 2014) Papers (K1317); The State Historical Society of Missouri Research Center-Kansas City [after first mention may be abbreviated to SHSMO-KC].
The State Historical Society of Missouri Research Center-Kansas City 302 Newcomb Hall, University of Missouri-Kansas City 5123 Holmes Street, Kansas City, MO 64110-2499 (816) 235-1543 firstname.lastname@example.org